Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Findley House Holidays

Well we have had an amazing holiday, so I thought I would jump on here and share a couple pics :)

First, my sweet friend Shawna found out how much I wanted a real tree for Christmas because I never had one growing up, and surprised me with the most beautiful Christmas tree ever. Unfortunately we are blocking it in this picture, but I had to take a pic with her and her sister Kelley because I was so grateful for their sweet gift this Christmas :)




{Our Christmas get-up, courtesy of mom and pop Bailey!}

Here comes Santa's cookies!...


{This is our super awesome Christmas gift from Manda. I am slightly in love with this. My bestie sure does know my love for vintage looking things!}


Link and me cutting out the cookies. We had to force him to do it once, and then after that he couldn't stop because he was having so much fun :)


Putting sprinkles on was his next favorite task :)


Link and daddy putting the cookies and milk together for Santa.


Link on Christmas morning! He was SOOO excited when he saw this car out in the living room :)


This was our Christmas breakfast. Red muffins, green eggs, and oranges :)


Link loving his Mr. Potato Head that he got from Grammy and Papa Bailey



My kid is a goober! I don't even know where he learned that cowboys wear cowboy hats, or that they ride horses {aka candy canes}. He is so smart. He even knows how to navigate my iphone to find all his favorite apps, including the one and only Angry Birds, which he is pretty good at. 



We had a fabulous Christmas this year {even if we did have to spend it away from family}. We were able to start a few of our own traditions including: Making Santa's cookies, opening 1 present on Christmas Eve, Reading the Christmas story in Luke, and watching a Christmas movie on Christmas Eve. We chose Home Alone this year and it brought back a lot of memories for Matt and I :) 

Link loved opening his presents, but would get easily distracted by any new toys that he opened, which would then give Matt and I a couple of minutes to open a few of our own :) We got some awesome gifts including a drill which I have put to good use already and used it to decorate my laundry room with some pictures from Shawna and her sister Krissi. Also, mom sent us a lot of camping/food storage stuff, and we were very grateful for that, especially with all this crazy weather we have had the past year. {Speaking of weather, it is 60 degrees today, and we couldn't be happier!}

Well, we hope everyone had a really great holiday!

Love, 
The Findleys







1 comment:

  1. SOOO glad I found this blog. I cannot believe all of you are grown up. For heavens sake Ruby, I used to babysit you when you were six!!! And Sydney was a newborn!!! I love it. I love to see you all grown up with families. Keep in touch!!!

    ReplyDelete