Sunday, January 15, 2012

Here's to You Sisters

Hello sisters,

I have had a lot to reflect on the last couple of days, and it has mostly led me to feeling grateful for the way my life has turned out, and for the family that I have. I was recently writing to someone about my life, and wrote that "most all my good memories, I have shared with my sisters", and that couldn't be more true.

I have had such an amazing time growing up with you girls. With all of us so far away I think sometimes it is hard to remember living together, but I can honestly say I wouldn't trade all our crazy times for the world. Let's see:

-getting yelled at after keeping Ivan out all night.
-sneaking into the middle school when it was being built
-making Manda hate hundreds of movies because we watched them so often {Hercules, Little Nemo, Remember the Titans, Space Jam...and the list goes on!}
-playing out in the fields before they were taken over by houses
-sledding in Sugar House
-fighting over clothes
-staying up late at night in our closets so that mom and dad couldn't hear us
-having fun in the house when it was being built, including collecting all the building scraps and calling it "money" or other crazy things.
-making a hole in the closet wall so we could have a hideout
-handcuffing you in the shower...lol...sorry Marrie, you were the only one that got the hot water
-making music videos
-playing orphans, mermaids, witches, pioneers, boxcar children, barbies
-sliding down the dirt mounds on boxes
-driving to Virginia, and all our adventures there.
-playing at Papa Ron's water park, and playing pirates in the wooden ship

These of course are just a few of my favorites, because we have so so much more.

Even if we don't talk every day, or we want to kill each other at different stages in our lives, know that you will always be my best friends. I love you so much, and I am so grateful to be your older sister. I hope we never get to old to giggle together about the dumbest things, that we never forget our secret language {that will be even more useful when we don't want our kids to know what we are saying}, and that we never take each other for granted. You are all so special to me. I know I don't say any of this near enough, but we all know I am emotionally stunted and feel awkward with touchy feely things, but I just wanted you all to know that it never changes, whether I say it or not. I love you so much, and I am grateful for our many adventures together, and may we have just as many crazy ones to come :)

Love you,

Ruby

2 comments:

  1. Well that's got to be my favorite post on the blog! We sure have had some wild and fun times. Thanks for being such a great sister! Love you oodles and oodles!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I must say that almost made me cry.. Love you too!

    ReplyDelete