Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Oscars Night

It was my 3rd Annual Oscars Night last Sunday and it turned out really great :) I always worry all my hard work will go to naught and that no one will show up, and this years party started out a little rocky when my 3 volunteers (paparazzi, bouncer/rope lifter, and backup paparazzi) cancelled. I always ask men to do it, because their wives are enjoying the party, but life happened and they all had to back out.

The good news? I have an amazing husband and he did all the jobs on Sunday so that I wouldn't get stressed out, and then our paparazzi showed up later to take the action shots during the party :)

This years theme was 1920s {my favorite era} and almost everyone dressed up in costume! It was a lot of fun, and I got to make new friends as some of the guests were girls I barely knew. This is what parties are for, so I was excited to know them better :)

Here are some pictures from the night:


{The backdrop for the red carpet}


{me in costume}


{Shawna}


{Kelley, Meghan, me}


{Emily, the funniest person I know}


{Gina, Brittany}


{Karen}


{Just chatting, watching the Oscars}


{Upclose and personal!}








{Shawna lookin gorgeous in her costume}


{The sexy bartender} 


{The decor, with Link looking confused, lol}

You can't really see the whole chandelier, but I tied paper circle strands onto it to fancy it up :)


{upclose of the goodies table}

And there is a little taste of the Oscars party! It was super fun, and we were finally able to actually WATCH the Oscars this year which was fun, and we all had ballots and kept count of how many we had right. In the end, the was a head-to-head race with Merilee and Brittany, but in the end Merilee won :) 

The winner won a book clutch, and apparently Mer was so excited about it being a book clutch that she actually did "research" so that she could win, lol. Looks like it payed off! (p.s. there are no pictures of Mer because she specifically asked not to take them because she felt frumpy cause she just had her baby, lol}




1 comment:

  1. I can't wait to both be living in Utah so we can come to your Oscar parties :)

    ReplyDelete