Sunday, February 12, 2012

Ross Family

So its my birthday month!!! yay!!! Only 8 more days til I hit the big 23. I'm very much looking forward to celebrating with family and friends. And its a big gift month for me since its Valentine's day too! It will be our first Valentine's day together so it should be fun! We are continuing with his parent's tradition on doing sealings on Valentines day. What better way to celebrate love?! I made Valentine sugar cookies today and got to use my cute Valentine's sprinkles!


I also had a little extra time while Jordan took a nap so I made these cute tissue paper puff balls that I saw at a baby shower I went to and thought they were way cute! Pretty pleased with how my first attempt turned out! Thinking of using them for decoration at my baby shower or maybe even using them to decorate baby's room.


On Friday we got all dressed up and went to our stake Valentine's dinner and dance. We had pulled pork taco salad, and then brownies and ice cream. Yum! Then we danced for a while and got our picture taken! (Felt like prom) We both had a blast though and enjoyed getting all dressed up for each other. :)


Jordan is lots busier this semester. He is taking 9 credits online and is headed in the software engineering direction. Like father, like son. :) He is also working 30 hrs a week at Jiffy Lube and doing his best to keep up on maintenance at Old Farm. We are so blessed to have so many great opportunities.
I am keeping busy with school and work. In my spare time I have been working extra hard to be a great wife. I have recently started trying some new recipes and we have really enjoyed them. It makes me feel good to have a hot yummy meal waiting for Jordan when he gets home from a long day at work! Feel free to pass along any recipes you guys really like. This is a picture of the black bean and salsa chicken!


We have finally started making friends in our ward and that has been a lot of fun! We've had people over for games, movies, and dinner. We are sad we will have to leave all of our new friends in just 3 months but I'm sure we will find new ones. :) Plus we'll have all of our family and a new baby to play with!

Baby girl seems to be doing well. She is still measuring at the week she is so that's great. And the doctor said she's got a good heartbeat. Can't believe just 11 1/2 more weeks and she'll be here. I'm getting excited for my upcoming baby showers. I love a good party. :)

Well that's probably about it for the Ross family. Love you all!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you guys had a great time at the dance :) We might have to pick up that same tradition for Valentine's Day because that really is a great way to celebrate love :)

    ReplyDelete